Use these 5 tips to help you get a sound nights sleep — EVERY night! Never lay awake trying to fall asleep again!
- Put the phones away — The harsh blue light on your phone screen disrupts your natural sleep pattern, making you more awake. That means when you are scrolling through Facebook right before bed, your mind is waking up. Put it away at LEAST 30 minutes before going to bed.
- No caffeine after 4pm — I know…this is going to hurt. But caffeine stays in your body for 4-6 HOURS after you ingest it, and for many people it takes even longer than that. Stay away from the caffeine during the afternoon to promote a restful nights sleep.
- Turn down the heat — For many of us, that sounds like torture. I get it (I sleep with about 20 blankets on top of me).However, studies show that we sleep most soundly in a room set to 62 to 70 degrees, edging more towards the 62 side of things.
- Stop worrying — Easier said than done, I know! Write down your struggles and worries on a piece of paper before bed (along with potential solutions) and then leave them in a drawer. It will help you to put aside the worries you have and sleep more soundly.
- Exercise regularly — I don’t really do this either. UGH! But, numerous studies have come out showing that those who exercise regularly also have a much better nights sleep, so they must be doing something right.